Saturday, July 25, 2009

A feast wid snakes...

Hi..... m nimy... n dis is ma first blog.. a dream that I had sum days bak, so I hope I can get most of it for you.

It starts out with me walking down a muddy mountaneous road in my village -kakanikadd (kerala) , with big teak trees and grass on either sides, I can only see a part of the road as slightly ahead of me. As I'm walking, I pass a snake curled up on a rock. It looks at me but I know it isn't a dangerous snake. It's a "good" snake, so I move on, and leave it alone. Snakes are very common in dis part and u cn easily find a crawling companion while walkin home, so i m nt dat worried abt dem. I'm still walking, and pass a rattlesnake, curled up on the side of the road. It doesn't strike, just rattles it's tail, it startles me, but I leave it behind.

Suddenly i reachd a plain area, it is nt ma village. I can c a park where children are playing, but they are surrounded by snakes. I know there are several children, but I focus on one, which I think is a little girl. She is near the merry-go-round like ride, (no horses, just one like are in kiddie parks). I got a glimpse of a white tiger somewhere in the park. It isn't prominent, but it is there. I hurry to a small building ahead of me, (which reminded me of a telegraph office, or train station office) and go inside to call 911.

The lady at the desk asked what was wrong and I told her I needed to use the phone because the children were surrounded by snakes. She let me and I called the police. The police told me to get everyone out of the office and I did. I was alone in the office trying to convince them to help the children. They were not very concerned. I told them there were many snakes and a tiger out there with the kids. Their attitude was very condescending, and unhelpful.

As I was sitting in the chair, a burgundy colored "Siamese" snake came out from under a nearby chair. I thought at first it just had two heads, but it had two bodies too. The body of the head on the left, (as I was looking at it), looked like it had been bitten off, just behind where the snakes joined, but it was alive.

I was still on the phone, and the right head moved up and bit me on the left thigh. I told the police that I was being bitten, but I didn't think it had fangs. It didn't hurt, just tingled a lot. I recalled sumthn I heard somewhere not to fight it if a snake bites you, just let it, till it was done. The sensation of tingling was strong, but I woke up before the snake stopped biting me. That was the end of it, but it was quite vivid, especially the bite on the thigh.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hii. nice work

keep it up

Biju V Krishnan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Randeep said...

wooww. its nice. keep it up..

Cheers
Randeep

cheerzz said...

u proved tht u r noy a amateur blogger... all my cheerzz... the title drove me to hope much abt some "snakes"...but u r misleading :)... but i suspect much more happend in between the snakes attack...

cheerzz

devil_vish said...

seein a snake in dat area isnt dat common.. is it.?? [:O]

subu.ps said...

If you hadn't mention that itz a dream in the very first line, then it would have been more interesting. I missed out reading the first line, so i was wondering what u r telling about till the last line.